Homework allows children an opportunity to secure the learning that is covered in school, as well as providing parents an opportunity to support with learning.
The main elements of homework are reading, learning spellings and number practice.
All pupils are provided with a school planner, and each week has a space to record home reading, maths practice and spelling work. We encourage 10 minutes of daily practice of each skill, so that children become confident with these core elements.
Reading can be independent, reading a story to an adult, or listening to a book read by someone at home.
Number Practice will normally be through the Numbots or Times Tables Rockstars online platforms. If you do not have internet access at home, please contact your child's class teacher to request a practice book instead.
Spellings will be given weekly, and are linked to the curriculum work in school. The key spelling patterns in each word will be explained in school, and children are asked to practise their spellings at home by using them in context. There is a space for this in their planners.
In Year 6, children also receive additional home learning based on the IXL platform. Families of Year 6 children can download a summary of the weekly homework from the files below. There is also an explanatory video setting out how it works:
Year 6 homework
- Y6 Homework Due 11th December 23
- Y6 Homework Due 13th November 23
- Y6 Homework Due 16th October
- Y6 Homework Due 18th Sept
- Y6 Homework Due 20th November 23
- Y6 Homework Due 25th Sept
- Y6 Homework Due 27th November 23
- Y6 Homework Due 2nd October
- Y6 Homework Due 30th October
- Y6 Homework Due 4th December 23
- Y6 Homework Due 6th November
- Y6 Homework Due 9th October