Ofsted Report: EPJS is a Good School
Following our Ofsted inspection in November, we are delighted to share our Ofsted report which confirms that East Preston Junior School remains a good school.
The inspection acknowledged many of the school’s strengths:
- Pupils look forward to coming to this school every day
- Pupils feel safe and well known by the adults . They know that they are valued and that their teachers want the best for them.
- In lessons pupils concentrate well. Their good behaviour means that all pupils can learn without interruption.
- Leaders ensure that pupils read often and widely. If a pupil needs extra help, teachers pick up on this.
- The teaching of mathematics is strong.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are well looked after. Teachers know them well and strive to ensure that the y take part in all lessons.
- Pupils' personal development is a high priority for leaders.
The report also suggests that the school should continue the good work it has already started on developing the curriculum and supporting pupils who join the school with lower levels of reading.
The full inspection report is available to download.