Values & Ethos
“Enjoyment and Excellence in all that we are and all that we do” is our school motto and underpins our ethos at EPJS.
We want the children to enjoy what they are doing and to do the best that they can (aim for excellence).
We believe that children learn most effectively when learning experiences are memorable, enjoyable, purposeful and related to real life. We aim to offer a broad and balanced curriculum accompanied by effective spiritual, moral, social and cultural development which prepares children for life in modern Britain. The curriculum actively promotes the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths, beliefs, cultures and lifestyles.
EPJS aims to provide an outstanding, meaningful and enjoyable educational experience, so our children fulfil their academic capabilities and become rounded, resilient, joyful and confident individuals, who will make a valuable contribution to their community and life in modern Britain.
East Preston Junior School aims to:
- Provide a stimulating environment, where learning is fun.
- Maintain a secure, caring, happy school, where co-operation, self-esteem and confidence thrive.
- Provide original, high-quality teaching across a broad, balanced and creative curriculum.
- Empower pupils to maximise their capabilities and celebrate achievement.
- Uphold respect, fairness, honesty, equality, kindness and other British Values.
- Nurture emotional, social and spiritual awareness preparing children for life in modern Britain.
- Cultivate a positive lifestyle to promote healthy minds and bodies.
- Develop a willingness to tackle new situations, instil a passion for knowledge and to nurture curious, independent minds, equipped to make sound judgements.
- Understand that errors and change are natural parts of learning.
- Encourage links with the wider community to the benefit of all.
- Work together with parents/carers to meet the individual needs of each child and develop their full potential.
Every person in our school has the RIGHT to:
- feel safe,
- be treated with respect,